About the Client
Stella had lived in her home since 1961. Given the age of her home, it would have been a significant challenge (marketability, financing, etc.) to sell the home to a traditional buyer (owner occupant). She knew moving to a senior community was imminent but she hesitated because she did not want to endure the complexities of selling her home through a traditional sales process.
Years in Home
What issues did they face?
- Did not want strangers walking through or driving by her home during a traditional listing period
- No meaningful updates done to the home since she moved in 55 years ago
- Accumulated a lot of possessions over many years of living in home
- Sale process overwhelmed her and she needed transparency, emotional support and financial certainty
- Required a flexible close of escrow date to accommodate the move-in date at the senior community
What did SHPP Provide?
- Stella was able to leave the home in its current condition, including leaving behind large pieces of furniture
- Made her comfortable by being physically present with her through all steps of the process
- Understood her hesitation with selling the home where she raised her family and removed any pressure to move forward
- Provided a fully transparent and certain process
- Encouraged a flexible closing timeline so Stella could determine when she wanted to move