About the Client
Bobbie had lived in her home for 62 years. Given the condition of her home, it would have been a significant challenge (marketability, financing, etc.) to sell the home to a traditional buyer (owner occupant). Bobbie had committed to moving to a senior community but needed to access the equity in her home to pay for the upfront and ongoing costs.
Years in Home
What issues did they face?
- No meaningful updates done to the home since she moved in 62 years ago
- Accumulated lots of stuff over many years of living in home
- Physical limitations made it challenging to keep the house clean and “show ready”
- Bobbie needed to move to a senior community but required the cash to hold the unit and take advantage of a limited time offering
What did SHPP Provide?
- Bobbie was able to leave the home in its current condition, including removal of any trash or junk in the home – which was a lot!
- Purchased home 28 days from initial meeting with client
- During escrow, advanced funds to client for a required deposit at the senior community
- More money than a traditional sale