Meet Bill & Maggie
Bill & Maggie
About the Client
Bill & Maggie Halloran were referred to SHPP by Teri Hanson, Director of Sales at The Remington Club in Rancho Bernardo. Bill & Maggie lived in Seven Oaks (a 55+ neighborhood in North Inland San Diego) since 1996. They were ready for a move into senior living to simplify their life.
Years in Home
Rancho Bernardo, California
What issues did they face?
- Bill a former property manager/real estate broker, knows the amount of work that it would take to sell a long-time and outdated home. Did not want to deal with the repairs and updates.
- Maggie did not want to go through the invasive process and emotional ups & down of selling at this stage in life. She had a friend who went through a very stressful process of selling her home the traditional way and Maggie wanted to avoid the same mistake.
- Bill & Maggie wanted a simple process that would allow them to focus on their transition into senior living and have full control of the timeline.
What did SHPP Provide?
- Simple and stress-free process. Bill & Maggie's children were all local and available to help them with the transition, they didn't want to burden their kids with the responsibility.
- Timing and certainty, that allowed them to move on their timeline. The Remington Club had availability for an apartment that Bill & Maggie wanted to secure and plan for a move within a month. We met with Bill & Maggie in early September and with our service they were able to coordinate a move into the community by the end of September with minimal stress.
- Flexibility and control. Bill & Maggie were able to choose a closing date after their move into The Remington Club to allow their children extra time to sort through what they want.